UYSA is continuing our commitment to work together with you in the development and promotion of soccer for all youth in Utah. Our common goal is to provide the most safe and positive environment possible for our youth players.
The Utah Youth Soccer Association (UYSA) Website is the most useful resource about UYSA. Utahyouthsoccer.net provides information on programs, operations, and the valuable people available to provide service to our membership. It contains a wealth of facts, including our Bylaws and Policies, rules of competition, and coaching information. You can locate contact information for committee members, Region leadership, Board Members and Office Staff.
UYSA is proud to offer a diverse range of programs and opportunities available to the various levels of play (recreational through competitive). UYSA provides state-wide competition for all players through the Premier League (PL), the State Competition League (SCL) Inter-Regional Leagues (IRL) and the Southern Utah Inter Regional League (SU-IRL). Our leagues, are designed to provide an opportunity for our more competitive players and teams to further their development against higher levels of competition.
UYSA continues to place an increased emphasis on coaching education at both the recreational and competitive levels. UYSA continues to provide a comprehensive risk management background screening for all coaches and administrators.
UYSA continues to place a top level of importance on sportsmanship. This is an expectation of our players, our coaches, our administrators, our parents, our referees, and our fans. Soccer, the Beautiful Game, is one of the great learning capsules in the world. Not only are athletic skills learned, but so too are human and societal skills learned. UYSA requires respect be given to all participants associated with the youth soccer experience. The expectation of respect and fair play runs throughout our organization.
As always, our highly trained staff at the Utah Youth Soccer Association (UYSA) Office is available to assist you with your needs and answer any questions that you may have.
High School Provisional Teams Registration Deadlines:
Regions 1 through 5 HSP teams - March 19, 2018. Games will start April 9. Referee fees must be paid prior to April 2, 2018
Region 6 or SU-IRL HSP teams- March 14, 2018. Games will start March 24, 2018
START OF SEASON
- Start of the Season for all teams shall be considered March 17th, not when your first game is scheduled
- Schedules for PL, SCL, & IRL will be on the UYSA website on March 3, 2018 (See below for a link)
- Schedules for SU-IRL will be on the UYSA website on March 7, 2018
- Each team is allowed a maximum of two reschedules. To avoid the $50 reschedule fee reschedules should be completed (must show the changes in Affinity) prior to March 17 for PL, SCL, and IRL. SU-IRL reschedules should be completed prior to March 21, 2018. Per policy "All reschedules must be completed no later than five (5) days prior to the start of the match as set forth in SOMS."
- Referee Fees are due no later than March 16th for Spring PL, SCL and IRL teams
- Players serving a suspension and or are a a club pass player, count towards the maximum players allowed
- If a player has a red card or is serving a suspension they MUST remain active on the roster and count towards the maximum allowed
- Coaches have the option to utilize either the printed Game Day Roster or the Digital Playing Cards - however if there is a discrepancy between the printed GDR and the DPC the printed GDR printed closest to game time will be considered to be the official Game Roster
- Players who are or have been multi-rostered at any point in the seasonal year are ineligible to use the club pass
- Independent teams are not allowed to use the club pass
- MAX Active Game Day Roster Sizes
U9/10 max players is 12
U11/12 max players is 15
U13/14 max players is 18
U15/19 max players is 18
It is your responsibility to annually complete the CDC Concussion Certification. You need to verify that your concussion certification is current and uploaded. If you are red-lined on the roster for an expired or missing certification and do not have another properly licensed and rostered coach at the field the game may be ruled as a forfeit.
All "E" Waivers will expire on June 1, 2018. There will be NO extensions. Coaches will need to either apply for a Season Waiver or complete the U. S. Soccer Federation GrassRoots License in order to continue coaching after June 1, 2018
Coaches, parents, players, spectators have the responsibility for good sportsmanship. Remember that the game is played for fun and the benefit of the youth, not adults. Be good role models, provide positive support for all players, coaches and game officials. No booing, taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures. No criticism of game officials, and show respect for their authority and decisions during games.
We all want quality referees. We need to do more to help with referee retention and encourage the referees that we have to continue to referee, so that they grow in their game management skills. You have a responsibility to help with retention by not making demeaning or derogatory comments or gestures directed towards any official. Use your influence as a coach to deter inappropriate conduct by players, parents and supporters. Encourage parents and supporters to become a certified referee.
- PL, SCL & IRL teams in the U9/10 age groups may begin on or after May 21, 2018
- PL, SCL & IRL teams in the U11/119 age groups may begin on or after May 29, 2018
- SU-IRL Try-outs for all age group may begin on or after May 21, 2018
- Registration Deadline - check with your local registrar for the deadline for your team
- Registrar Deadline for teams to be entered into and applied to the League by the Registrar is July 1, 2018
- Alignment Forms are due July 1, 2018
- PL, SCL & IRL Pre Alignment (closed meeting) July 5 & 6, 2018
- SU-IRL Pre Alignment (closed meeting) July 9
- PL, SCL & IRL Final Alignment July 12, 2018 - open meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.
- SU-IRL Final Alignment July 11, 2018 - open meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
2018 Spring PL, SCL, IRL Schedules Click Here
Have great season!
UYSA League Commissioner