Risk Management is our priority, on and of the field.
Risk Management is a job that never ends. It is Utah Youth Soccer goal to make every effort to provide a safe environment for every player, coach, administrator, parent and spectator.
Concussions are a serious health concern in youth sports. UYSA is committed to the safety of all involved with soccer.in the state. All team administrators are required to complete an annual concussion training
The course takes place on a web platform and can be done anywhere! Once you have completed the course you will be asked to add your name to the certificate. Please save the certificate to your website in order to upload the document to your Affinity Sports administrator account.
Click here to be directed to the UYSA Concussion Management page.
UYSA is committed to keeping players safe. With the help of the U.S. Center for SafeSport, we are able to provide educational training to end all forms of abuse. All administrators who are interacting with players are required to complete this training.
The training takes place on a web platform and can be done anywhere! After completion of the course, a master certificate is generated and must be uploaded to your Affinity Sports administrator account.
You will be asked to create a SafeSport account and must use a specific access code. Please contact your club for that code.
Click here to be directed to the UYSA SafeSport page.
Recognize to Recover is U.S. Soccer's comprehensive player heath and safety program aimed at promoting safe play and reducing injuries in soccer players of all ages. The program, which was developed with the help of medical experts, will provide coaches, players, parents, and referees with information, guidance and additional educational materials to improve the prevention and management of injuries.
Click here to be directed to U.S. Soccer's Recognize to Recover resource page.
Education is our most important tool and this page will link you to power point presentations with scripts and hand-outs you can use.
Some presentations below are large files. Please be patient and allow time for them to download.
- The Vigilant Parent Presentation
- This power point was first presented at the 2007 Adidas Convention. It gives an overview of the types of pedophiles, strategies to protect youth and to educate parents.
- TOPSoccer and Recreation Presentation
- The coaches and players involved in Recreational and TOPSoccer truly make Region IV soccer the game for all kids! This power point and script will help you deal with some of the issues in these programs. Also included is a file that can be used to create a card the size of a player card to give to new coaches and administrators to remind the of some of the most important safety concerns. They can keep it on the ring with their player cards as an important reminder of good practices.
- Beyond Kidsafe Presentation
- This presentation is an overview of the many topics from financial policies to goal safety that fall under the Risk Management umbrella.
- Weather Issues Presentation
- This presentation deals primarily with hot weather play and has a great table on heat index.
- Tournament Safety Presentation
- This presentation was prepared by Region III and gives lots of good advice for tournament planning and implementation.
- Web Safety Presentation
- There is lots of food for thought in this presentation by Region III, Don Bohnet
- Goal Safety Presentation
- Prepared by Pullen Insurance, 3 cases of soccer goal deaths
- Top Ten Claims Presentation