Risk Management is a job that never ends. It is Disclosure Forms and Background Checks – making every effort to provide a safe environment for every player. But, it is also protecting coaches, administrators, parents and spectators. Risk Management is everything from goal safety to fiscal responsibility.
Education is our most important tool and this page will link you to power point presentations with scripts and hand-outs you can use.
Some presentations below are large files. Please be patient and allow time for them to download.
- The Vigilant Parent Presentation
- This power point was first presented at the 2007 Adidas Convention. It gives an overview of the types of pedophiles, strategies to protect youth and to educate parents.
- TOPSoccer and Recreation Presentation
- The coaches and players involved in Recreational and TOPSoccer truly make Region IV soccer the game for all kids! This power point and script will help you deal with some of the issues in these programs. Also included is a file that can be used to create a card the size of a player card to give to new coaches and administrators to remind the of some of the most important safety concerns. They can keep it on the ring with their player cards as an important reminder of good practices.
- Beyond Kidsafe Presentation
- This presentation is an overview of the many topics from financial policies to goal safety that fall under the Risk Management umbrella.
- Weather Issues Presentation
- This presentation deals primarily with hot weather play and has a great table on heat index.
- Tournament Safety Presentation
- This presentation was prepared by Region III and gives lots of good advice for tournament planning and implementation.
- Web Safety Presentation
- There is lots of food for thought in this presentation by Region III, Don Bohnet
- Goal Safety Presentation
- Prepared by Pullen Insurance, 3 cases of soccer goal deaths
- Top Ten Claims Presentation