Coaching Education presented by Utah Youth Soccer
Thousands of coaches have attended and successfully completed a coaching course offered through UYSA. Regardless of the level of certification or license attempted, the prime objective of the coaching education program is to provide all coaches from the beginner to the most advanced with up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge.
UYSA Coaching Education Staff Bios
Coaching Course Overviews
- Introduction to Grassroots Coaching- This free introductory module, which represents the first step in the newly revised coaching license pathway, is now the general starting point of the pathway and is the required prerequisite to undergo any of U.S. Soccer's Grassroots Licensing Courses. Coaches who complete the module will also be provided with four complimentary Play-Practice-Play training sessions.
- The Grassroots 7v7, 9v9 & 11v11 in-person courses will be offered through out the State. It is encouraged candidates take courses in blocks of two. 11v11 in person course will be required along with the choice of 7v7 or 9v9 in-person course.
UYSA State Competitive Gaming League Requirements:
Grassroots License or E - allows an applicant to be rostered as a head coach or assistant coach on one or more competitive teams in any age group or play level (bracket), except head coach in the U14-U19 Premier 1 or 2 level; see D license below.
D License - allows an applicant to be rostered as a head coach on one or more U14-U19 Premier 1 or/and 2 levels. (also covers all teams under the Grassroots License)
- Interested coaches may begin with any in-person grassroots course of their choosing following the completion of the free Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module, which is offered in U.S. Soccer's Digital Coaching Center. All candidates must be registered in the Affinity system before they will be accepted in the DCC. Enrollment in these courses will be open to all interested coaches who have completed the established course pre-requisites and registration guidelines.
- All licenses are non-expiring and are awarded following the completion of both the courses. Candidates wishing to attend a U.S. Soccer National Coaching School to take the "C" License course must have earned and held a National "D" License for a minimum of 12 months.
Coaching License Waiver Information
* A waiver is not a coaching license, the required coaching course must be completed to receive a license.
To receive a waiver the following 3 steps must be completed.
2. To pay your 'Grassroots' and/or 'D' waiver fee $25, click HERE
3. Click HERE for License Waiver Application
Email receipt of payment and completed waiver application to firstname.lastname@example.org (waiver fee must be paid) A copy of Grassroots Introduction does NOT need to be sent in, I will confirm completion in the DCC.
- To receive a copy of your Coaching License
- US Soccer's Digital Coaching Center (DCC) is set up to track all coaching licenses
- If you are not currently registered in the DCC, please create an account
- Add license information if it is not showing in your account
- The state that granted your license will need to verify it, If you received a license in UTAH please email email@example.com to verify.
- Once verified you can download and print a copy anytime you want.