U.S. Soccer Coaching Education Presented by UYSA
Coaches in Utah are required to attend 2 IN PERSON Grassroots courses.
In order to obtain a Grassroots License to coach in Utah the following must be completed
- Register for the wait list of 2 corresponding Grassroots IN PERSON courses (courses hosted by the same entity) in the Digital Coaching Center (DCC) with U.S. Soccer. Each course will be $55, for a total of $110.
- An online course Introduction to Grassroots Coaching (free) is a pre-requisite for the Grassroots 7v7, 9v9 & 11v11
- Required pre-course assignments will be through the DCC (Digital Coaching Center) A tutorial on how to register for the DCC can be found by clicking here.
- Please complete the Introduction to Safe And Healthy Playing Environments BEFORE the course.
- Page of Experience will be talked about in the course, it is due one week after the course.
- Both in person courses must be attended, the courses are pass fail and attendance is mandatory. Candidates will be given 2 weeks from the course date to finish all assignments or be marked as failed.
- If failed, the candidate will have to register again and pay in full for another course.
In order to be added to a roster(team) as a coach the following must be completed:
1- Register as a Coach/Admin in the Utah Youth Soccer Association online system (affinity) this includes uploading a current picture and uploading a completed 'Heads Up Concussion Certificate' with your Member Organization (Club).
2- Complete the Grassroots License Course (or already have an E or higher US Soccer License) or apply and receive a grassroots waiver (good for one season only, NOT a full year) or apply for a D waiver (good for 12 months).
Please email Jenni at email@example.com with any questions.
If you would like to be added to an email list to be notified of open courses. Please click the link below. This does not give you a spot in the course, you must still register. Most courses fill up within an hour or two of posting. You can check back on the website to see locations of courses. Your email will be removed when you register for a Grassroots License course.
Please sign up on the google form, you will receive an email telling you when a course opens for registration. Please keep in mind this is not a wait list, it will not give you a spot in a course, you must register and pay before you are enrolled in a course.
U.S. Soccer Grassroots 7v7, 9v9 & 11v11
Courses hosted by a Member Organization can be attended by any coach, the host organization has an opportunity to register first. Please contact your club if they are hosting for registration details.
ALL registration will be in US Soccer's Digital Coaching Center, search courses in Utah to find the following:
Please join the wait list, once you are on the wait list for both course, I can accept you in (I try to check every morning) and payment of $55 per course will be due.
Registration will open soon:
Anyone can attend any course, the hosting member organization can sign up coaches before links are live. If your cub is not listed below, please reach out to them and see when they will be hosting a course.
When registering you will JOIN WAIT LIST, once on the wait list for both required courses, You will be accepted in and the DCC will email you a link to the courses, click ACCEPT SPOT and make your payment. You can also return to these links once accepted, to make the payment, You are NOT registered until payment is complete.
Grassroots 7v7 and Grassroots 11v11 hosted by Utah Storm (Spanish Fork) Thursday Feb 21 & Feb 28 7pm-11pm (OPEN)
- Grassroots 7v7, Grassroots 11v11 hosted by Northern Utah United (Logan) Mar 6&20 6-10 pm (must attend both courses) FULL
- Grassroots 7v7, Grassroots 11v11 hosted by Northern Utah United (Logan) April 10&17 6-10 pm (must attend both courses) (Email Jenni firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Grassroots 7v7, Grassroots 11v11 hosted by Northern Utah United (Logan) May 8&15 6-10 pm (must attend both courses) (Email Jenni email@example.com)
Coming Soon, Color Country (Cedar City)
**Dates are subject to change based on availability of facilities.
** Late withdrawal from ANY course will result in a partial refund. NO refund will be given the day of the course.
**Please note there is LIMITED space available for each course. Please join the notification email above to receive notice of open registration. (No spots will be held for future courses.)