With the 2018-2019 season just about to kick off be sure you are aware of a few important pieces of information to make this seasonal your best one yet!
When can I talk to players outside of my organization?
- Now that the second weekend in May has passed, any club representative may now freely initiate contact with a player outside of their organization and promote tryouts for the upcoming seasonal year. It’s go time!
- Do keep in mind that a player registered outside of your organization may not attend any training sessions or practices as it could be considered a tryout, until after the first day of try-outs for the age group.
What is considered a tryout?
- A Try- out may be considered to be any event regardless of the name, and not limited to: open session, ID camp, meet and greet, open or training session. This would include any event where a single player or group of players performs or participates in any soccer skills or trainings, or where a player(s) is tested, evaluated, examined, auditioned for, or anything like unto to it to ascertain their potential, abilities, effectiveness, value, function, quality, etc., in any environment where skills may be seen by coaches or staff and evaluated in any manner. This is exclusive of regularly scheduled games or participation in a tournament. This applies whether or not there is a registration or sign-in or sign up for the event.
o f. Any Team containing players selected through tryouts held before the applicable deadline, will not be permitted to register for the next season in a Competition League administered by UYSA.
*(Policy Section 6 6316 /pg. 15)
When can a player tryout?
U9-U10 (2009/2010) - on after the Monday before Memorial Day (Monday, May 21, 2018)
U11-U19 (2008-2000) – after Memorial Day (Tuesday, May 29, 2019)
How do I offer a player a spot on my team? What is the process?
a. At tryouts, a player or his/her guardian may be required to sign appropriate liability releases and pay a reasonable tryout fee, but shall not be required to sign documentation requiring a commitment to join a Team or pay Team and/or Organizational Member fees.
b. Unless the player is eighteen (18) or older, an offer to a player to participate on a Team must be made to the player’s guardian in writing, which includes email, text, or website posting.
c. An offer must include the following:
(1) The date of the offer;
(2) The name, age group, and level of the Team for whom the offer is made (notice of the level of Team made is not necessary for X-league teams);
(3) The time period in which the player has to respond to the offer, which may not be less than 48 hours.
d. An offer is considered accepted, and a player is considered registered to a Team, at the occurrence of the earliest of the following on or after the registration opening date specified in policy 7325:
(1) When the player completes the registration process in SOMS by or with the written authorization of the player’s parents or guardian in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth in Section 7 of UYSA’s policies and procedures; or
(2) Upon delivery to a Team official of an executed Player Registration Form along with all waivers and acknowledgments and State Registration Fees, unless covered by a fee waiver.
e. Once an offer is accepted, the player is deemed committed to the Team for the Seasonal Year, subject to the release rules set forth in the registration policies, Section 7.
f. In the recruitment process, a Team, Organizational Member, or representative thereof may not make any representation that they know or should know is contrary to UYSA policy or actual fact.
*(Policy Section 6 6316 4./pg. 14)
When can players register for my team?
- Registration opens to all players on Tuesday May 29, 2018.
**As a reminder, once a player registers to a team they are committed to that team for the seasonal year. A player may transfer during the open transfer window, pending restrictions. Any player that is rostered on a team in a Premier division does not have an open transfer window.
If you would like clarification on any of this information, please contact the UYSA office. 801-307-5150
WE ARE VERY EXCITED FOR THE 2018-2019 SEASON!