~League News & Announcement~
2020 FIFA Law Changes
The Utah Youth Soccer Gaming Leagues and Tournaments will be adopting the new FIFA Law changes beginning January 1, 2020.
- To help better understand these changes please take time to review the changes here.
- If you have any questions, please submit them through the link here.
NEW U9 X-League : Certified Club Linesmen
UYSA has started a pilot program for the new U9 X-League to combat the shortage of referees and help encourage more people to learn the Laws of the Game. UYSA also anticipates that, as the club linesmen are part of the refereeing crew, it will cut down on the amount of negativity from coaches and spectators toward the refereeing crew.
Each U9 Team will identify a minimum of 2 individuals as their club linesmen for the season to assist the center official for each match.
For More Information, Click Here.
All Volunteers must:
-Watch the Certified Club Linesmen Instruction Video (Coming Soon)
-Take the Heads Up Concussion Safety Course
-Be SafeSport Certified
Process for "Other" Reschedules
Teams within the X League, IRL, SLC, or Premier League needing to request a game reschedule are required to fill out the “Other Reschedules” form located on the UYSA website. This form is to be used for the following reasons per UYSA Policy 6314.1.(c):
- Field Closure by the appropriate authority
- Referee Determined Cancellation
- No Referee
- Air Quality Index in the red zone (see instructions below)
- League Commissioner Cancellation
Severe Weather Guidelines
- Weather can be unpredictable! Review the severe weather protocol here and be in the know.
Spring League Medal Order (link coming in May 2020)
- Teams finishing in First and Second place may order medals.
- U15 and above will only receive medals for First place.
- Any Premier division team will place their order for medals after the spring season has ended.
- Medals will be available pick them up from the office once you have placed your order or to have them delivered you may call into the office to pay the shipping fee and they will be mailed to you.
Spring Referee Refund Request (link coming in May 2020)
- If you did not have a full referee crew at your game this fall season, be sure to request a refund of your referee fees.
- Any Premier division team that players year round may request their referee fees after the spring season has ended.
- Please note - if your club paid your team's referee fees, your club will receive the refund.