Utah State Soccer Referee Committee Announcements
The Utah State Soccer Referee Committee (USSRC / SRC) is pleased to announce the appointment of Debbie Haycock to the position of State Referee Assignor Coordinator. This position is critical to the success of the State Referee Program. The purpose of the position is to support and oversee Assignor activities throughout the state.
- As a liaison between the USSRC and the Assignors in Utah, Debbie will meet with Assignors as necessary to assess their needs and communicate those needs to the SRC
- Communicate appropriate updates and information about the State Referee Program to the Assignor group
- Work with Assignors and the State Referee Administrator (currently Scott Harward) to ensure the integrity of their activities according to the policies of the USSF and the USSRC
- Assist to resolve conflicts that may arise concerning referee assignments.
- Assist in the implementation and use of the Affinity Referee Assigning program for all UYSA competition games
Since the Assignors have frequent, close contact with the referees throughout the state, in support of the growth of the referee program and individual referee's needs it is critical that the State Assignor Coordinator:
- Work closely with members of the SRC technical staff; State Director of Assessment (currently Randy Ploeger), State Referee Administrator and State Youth Referee Administrator (currently Norm Williamson); to coordinate information from the Assignors to identify referees that demonstrate the desire and potential for mentoring and development.
- Work with the SRA to coordinate information from the Assignors to the SRC when the conduct or performance of a referee requires additional attention or remediation.
Debbie's unique qualifications will be a strong asset to the SRC. Debbie and her family have been very active in, and contributed to the state soccer program in many ways. Since 1980, Debbie has served as coach, Area Coordinator, District Registrar, District Competition Director, State Director of Competition, State Director of Recreation, Tournament Director, and Assignor and Referee.
Join us in welcoming Debbie to her new role in support of the Utah referees and the leagues we serve.
Utah State Soccer Referee Committee