Utah Youth Soccer Association
Utah Youth Soccer is the leader in promoting, developing and governing youth soccer in Utah: providing quality educational and developmental opportunities for all members.
HIRING FOR: Full time position with Utah Youth Soccer
JOB TITLE: Manager - Events and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Events and Marketing is responsible for planning and running UYSA events, including but not limited to our State Cup tournaments, President Cup Tournaments, the Annual General Meeting, Scholarship Golf Tournament, and our Youth Soccer Month series.
· Work with UYSA Tournament Director to oversee Sanctioned Tournament schedule, requirements and follow-up.
· Attend Sanctioned Tournaments to monitor check in procedures, tournament play and ceremonies
· Set up registration, bracketing, and scheduling for our fall and spring State Cup Tournament. Set up and oversee tournament play
· Set up registration, bracketing, and scheduling for our Presidents Cup Tournament series. Set up and oversee tournament play
· Secure location, plan and run the UYSA Annual General Meeting and Soccer Fest
· Secure location, plan and run UYSA Scholarship Golf Tournament.
· Secure locations in different regions to plan and run Youth Soccer Month event and clinic.
· Market events through social media, website, and other avenues to grow UYSA events
· Develop press releases for all UYSA events.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/AND OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree and at least three (3) years of sports management related experience.
· Must have extensive knowledge of FIFA Laws of the Game, US Youth and Utah Youth Soccer policies and procedures
· Must be able to work with many different groups and personalities to problem solve and troubleshoot event issues and opportunities
· Must be able to navigate and operate the Affinity Sports Registration Software and Tournament Scheduling and the Arbiter Sports Platform
· Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, Internet and email.
· Must be able to appropriately bracket and schedule hundreds of teams in tournament play
· Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
· Job is fairly arduous, including but not limited to packing and unpacking trailers, setting up tents and banners, ceremony booths, and other event equipment
· Must be able to utilize social media marketing tools and traditional marketing avenues to promote and grow participation and awareness of events
Full-time Salary with competitive benefits package
Application Close Date: April 11, 2014
TO APPLY: Email your cover letter and resume to Bryan Attridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.