Summer Friendly Series 2020
For Up To Date Information please check the Summer Series Page
This is being done as a celebration that the soccer community has shown that they can follow guidelines and that the players can return to playing games. All teams, coaches, players and parents will be required to follow the Public Heath Directives that are currently in place.
We need to remember that the primary purpose of the this is to get the players out on the field and playing games.
- The games are FRIENDLIES
- There will be no promotion relegation based on this series
- There are no medals
- Sportsmanship of players and coaches is critical
- Integrity by coaching staff of the players selected for each game
- No spectators
Parents may bring their player to the field and watch the games from the car or parking lot. There can be no spectators at the field or on the sidelines – not sitting or standing. Only coaches, one team manager (to help with pre game symptom check, player injuries, calling parents, etc.) and players are allowed to be at the field/bench or at the field. Coaches will be required to monitor this. IF spectators are at the field the game will have to be ended immediately. There must not be any congregating of spectators in the parking lot. (A spectator would be anyone at the field that is not a player or coach – this includes but is not limited to; parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends, team managers, etc.)
- Games will begin June 22nd and end by July 31st
- SCL and IRL Teams will be playing teams from the spring 2020 brackets. Premier Teams and Boys U16-19 Teams will play in brackets from Fall 2019. All teams that were registered to play in the spring will automatically be scheduled. If a team cannot play, please contact UYSA at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31, 2020 so that we can adjust the schedule. It is also encouraged that teams verify with the opposing coach before a game that they are going to make it just in case a team slips through that got scheduled and doesn't exist anymore.
- No guarantee number of games – the goal is that each team will be able to play 3-5 games, this will vary due to field and team availability.
- No guarantee that each team will have home and away games
- Unlimited reschedules – per coaches’ agreement
This is a great opportunity for referees to gain experience and confidence as they referee these games. We have a great opportunity to use this series as a way to improve our behavior toward the referee community and show our appreciation to them for being willing to referee.
- The Home Team will be required to verify the availability of the field with their Field Assignor
- The Home Team will be required to work with their referee Assignor to ensure that referees are assigned to the game(s)
- Each team will be required to pay half of the total referee fees on the field PRIOR to the game beginning. Each team will need to ensure that they have the correct denominations of cash as referees are not required to make change. No payment would mean that the game will not be played
U9-12 $31 ($15 for the Center Referee and $8 for EACH AR) Total each team will be required to pay at the field is $31.
U13-14 $38 ($18 for the Center Referee and $10 for EACH AR) Total each team will be required to pay at the field is $38.
U15- U19 is $55 ($25 for the Center Referee and $15 for EACH AR) Total each team will
- ALL players MUST be registered with UYSA. Current players (Seasonal year 2019-2020) are registered through July 31st. All new players (not currently registered) must register prior to playing or training.
- No restriction on the number of guest players – but ALL player MUST be age appropriate. No play down in age group
- More specific roster instructions will be sent out prior to the start of the Series.
- All Red and yellow cards will be reviewed, and any disciplinary actions or suspensions may carry over to the next season