Utah Youth Soccer Association Hiring Assistant Technical Director, to Report to Technical Director
Sandy, UT - 02/24/2020
Utah Youth Soccer is the leader in promoting, developing and governing youth soccer in Utah: providing quality educational and developmental opportunities for all members.
HIRING FOR: Full time position with Utah Youth Soccer
JOB TITLE: Assistant Technical Director
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
The Assistant Technical Director (ATD) will assist in the development, management and operation of all events and programs related to the development of players and the education and training of coaches across the state. As a key member of the technical staff, the ATD reports directly to the Technical Director and helps with establishing policies that promote player, coach and club development that align with UYSA’s overall mission.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the management of all Coaching Education Programs including acting as the UYSA liaison to U.S. Soccer
- Work directly with the Technical Department Coordinator to implement and schedule programs throughout the state
- Serve as the lead instructor and coordinator of instruction, whenever possible, for all state level clinics as per guidelines from US Soccer and USYS. Promote attendance at all clinics
- Assist in the management of TOSH State Select (ODP)
- Assist in the observation and evaluation of State ODP Coaching Staff as they conduct tryouts, train and coach their respective state teams
- Review, update and develop state coaching courses within the state association consistent with the philosophies and intent of US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, and UYSA
- Work with the Grassroots Coordinator to help in growth of recreational membership
- Assist with planning and implementation of coaching symposiums including at the General Business Meetings (AGM)
- Assist in the development and implementation of programming to retain and grow membership
- Interface with membership to assess needs, collect feedback and improve relationships
- Represent Utah at regional and national events when needed
- Must have extensive knowledge of FIFA Laws of the Game, US Youth and Utah Youth Soccer policies and procedures.
- Must have extensive knowledge of U.S. Soccer’s Digital Learning Center
- Must have the ability to organize and execute multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously
- Must be able to work with many different groups and personalities to problem solve and troubleshoot issues and opportunities
- Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu
- Must be organized and possess excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills.
- Applicants must be able to work flexible hours including weekend events and be willing to travel as needed or directed by the UYSA Technical Director
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSING:
USSF A License
USSF Grassroots Instructor License
National Youth License
Three years of sport management related experience
Bachelor degree (preferred)
Full-time Salary with competitive benefits package
Email your cover letter, resume and a one page statement as to why you want to work for Utah Youth Soccer and why you would be a good fit for the association to Eric Landon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by April 1, 2020.