Steps to become a Coach with UYSA
Any perspective coach must contact the club registrar for information regarding registration to a team.
Registration will include the follow:
- A link to register (every club has their own link to register with them – must be sent by the registrar)
- Information on Safe Sport Training – a completed certificate yearly is required (free) the link will be sent out by the regsitrar of the club
- Information on Concussion Training – required yearly – training courses are on the UYSA website under coaches – you can complete the Head ups or NFHS.
Once you are registered with your club you will need a US Soccer Federation coaching license to appear on the roster of the team:
- Utah requires all coaches on the roster to attend and pass 2 in person Grassroots courses (or equivalent)
- Premier Team Head Coaches must have a USSF National D License.
- Please go to https://learning.ussoccer.com/ and create a free account with U.S. Soccer
- All incoming coaches must complete the FREE Introductory course before regsitering for any U.S.Soccer courses.
- Once your account is created, click Available Course, Introductory is the last course in the menu (left side)
Please see below for pathways and more information on coaching licenses
Coaching License Information
- To receive a copy of your Coaching License
- U.S. Soccer’s Learning Center is set up to track all coaching licenses
- If you are not currently registered in the Learning Center, please create an account
- Add license information if it is not showing in your account
- The state that granted your license will need to add and verify it, If you received an E or National D license in UTAH please email email@example.com to add and verify.
- Once verified you can download and print a copy anytime you want